Agatha currently specializes in corporate and commercial transactions, and special projects.
Agatha obtained her degree in Philosophy from the University of the Philippines – Diliman, graduating cum laude in 2008. She graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2012.
Prior to joining C&G Law in 2019, Agatha was an Assistant Attorney at Ortega Bacorro Odulio Calma & Carbonell where she handled general litigation, commercial affairs, and intellectual property portfolios and cases. She also served as an in-house counsel of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines where she was a member of the Legal Technical Working Group of its Bids and Awards Committee, and the Flight Safety Investigation Committee, among others. She worked as a Court Attorney as well in the Court of Appeals dealing with administrative, civil, and criminal suits, and as a Legal Officer in the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation where she represented closed banks in general litigation and liquidation proceedings.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2012); University of the Philippines – Diliman, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (Class of 2008, cum laude)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2013.
Agatha’s representative works include:
- Advising clients relative to their investment decisions, corporate structures and on nationality and foreign equity restrictions;
- Advising clients on intellectual property rights protection;
- Assisting in Private Public Partnership agreements, including conducting due diligence reviews;
- Assisting in the review and drafting of contracts and commercial transactions, including technology transfer arrangements, e-commerce and security agreements;
- Assisting in several applications and processes before the Securities and Exchange Commission including setting up corporate vehicles and processing regulatory compliance requirements;
- Assisting in property registration matters before the local government units and the Registry of Deeds;
- Assisting in regulatory compliances before the Food and Drug Administration; and
- Assisting in various applications or regulatory compliances with the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) (2014-present)
- Associate, Philippine Institute of Arbitrators, Inc. (2014-present)
- Accredited Arbitrator, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2017-present)
- The Anti-Money Laundering Act in the Philippines and the Ex Parte Application of a Bank Inquiry Order (2011), Juris Doctor thesis, Ateneo de Manila University School of Law.
- Contributor, Access to Environmental Justice: A Sourcebook on Environmental Rights and Legal Remedies (2011), Philippine Judicial Academy.