Careen’s (Chy) practice areas include disputes (litigation & arbitration), fintech, tax and customs, and technology, media & telecommunications.
Chy’s work experience pre-dates her joining the firm in 2022. From 2012 to 2017, her work included retail brand management and financial services operations.
While in law school, Chy interned at the Legal Rights and Natural Resources Center through the Alternative Law Groups’ Environmental Defense Program. Chy was also the grantee of the MCKS Criminal Justice Scholarship and served as Jail Decongestion Paralegal for the Humanitarian Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc. and the Ignatian Legal Apostolate Office from 2019 to 2021. On the other hand, while in college, Chy served as the Deputy Secretary General of the Ateneo Lingua Ars Cultura, and interned at the Embassy of the Philippines (Department of Tourism) in the United Kingdom.
- Ateneo de Naga University College of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2021, class valedictorian, cum laude)
- Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Arts in European Studies, Minor in Hispanic Studies and French Studies (Class of 2012)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2022 (Exemplary Passer)
Chy has participated in several matters. Her experience has included:
- Assisting with contract drafting for various corporate and commercial transactions.
- Assisting on technology and data privacy advisory matters.
- Assisting on tax advisory and litigation matters.
- Assisting with the completion of various regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with the review of contracts to ensure compliance with competition laws.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2022 – Present)