Carlo (Cbor) currently focuses on technology, media, telecommunications, and general corporate law.
Cbor graduated from the University of the Philippines, College of Law in 2019. He was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2020, and joined C&G Law in the same year.
In law school, Cbor represented the University of the Philippines in various moot court competitions. In the 2017 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, his team was awarded the Richard R. Baxter award for Best Applicant Memorial and the Hardy C. Dillard Award for Top 5 Best Combined Memorials. In 2018, his Jessup team went on to represent the Philippines in the international rounds in Washington, D.C., where they finished among the top 32 teams out of almost 700 teams from around the world.
In 2017, his team would also win the 1st Pan-Asia International Human Rights Moot Court Competition, held at the University of Hong Kong.
Cbor obtained his undergraduate degree in Business Economics from the University of the Philippines School of Economics in 2013, graduating Magna Cum Laude, as an Oblation Scholar, and ranking 2nd in his class. He was also named one of the Top 10 Outstanding Economics Students of the Philippines by the Junior Philippine Economics Society. During his undergraduate years, Cbor won the 2013 United Asians Debating Championships, the largest debating tournament in Asia, and was a three-time national debate champion.
Prior to law school, Cbor was licensed as a stockbroker for Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia, where he was in charge of the banking, gaming, energy, and conglomerate sectors. His three-man team was voted the best execution team in the Philippines according to the 2014 AsiaMoney Brokers Poll.
- University of the Philippines College of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2019); University of the Philippines, School of Economics (Class of 2013)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2020.
Cbor has participated in a number of corporate law matters. His experience includes:
- Assisted in data privacy matters, including cross-border data transfers and extraterritorial activities;
- Rendered legal opinions on technological concerns such as on drone technology, fiber-optic cable infrastructure, and online applications and storefronts;
- Advising clients intending to do business in the Philippines on legal and regulatory requirements;
- Assisting in general corporate housekeeping.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines, (2020-present)