Corn’s practice areas include general corporate and commercial law, as well as competition law.
Corn obtained her degrees in Applied Economics and Commerce, Major in Management of Financial Institutions from the De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, graduating with honors. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2018, where she graduated Second Honors. Corn also has a Master of Laws degree (with Merit) in International Business Law from Coventry University, United Kingdom. As part of her postgraduate studies, Corn has been issued the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership and awarded the CMI Level 7 Award in Professional Consulting.
Before law school, Corn worked as a financial analyst under the management trainee program of Del Monte Pacific Ltd. Her corporate practice involved financial consolidation and planning, including the preparation of financial reports in the Annual Report and the Management Discussion and Analysis of Unaudited Financial Condition and Results of Operations, which were filed with the Singapore Stock Exchange, Philippine Stock Exchange, and Securities and Exchange Commission. Corn was also part of the finance team that handled the financial matters relating to the acquisition of the United States-based company, Del Monte Foods Inc. Corn also handled special projects, including the conduct of feasibility and profitability analyses of certain projects and business segments.
- Coventry University, United Kingdom, Master of Laws in International Business Law (Class of 2018, with Merit); Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2018, Second Honors), De La Salle University-Manila, Bachelor of Science in Applied Economics and Bachelor of Science in Commerce Major in Management of Financial Institutions (Class of 2007, Honorable Mention)
- CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership; CMI Level 7 Award in Professional Consulting
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2019
Corn’s work experience is broad and diverse. Her work has included:
- assisting in due diligence projects in preparation for company acquisitions, company divestment, and corporate restructuring;
- drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, such as lease agreements, supply agreement, loan agreements, deeds of assignments, broker agreements;
- assisting and advising foreign nationals regarding Philippine immigration laws, rules, and regulations;
- assisting in trademark applications and other trademark-related filings before the Intellectual Property Office;
- advising clients on legal and regulatory requirements for establishing business in the Philippines; compliance with commercial laws, including competition law, data privacy regulations, and general corporate law; and compliance with nationality requirements for nationalized enterprises such as public utilities and mining companies;
- Assisting and representing clients before government offices such as the Food and Drug Administration, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Department of Justice, and the Bureau of Immigration.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2019–present)
- Author, Examination of How States Use Competition Law to Further their Protectionist Policy: Comparative Analysis of the EU and the US, Master of Laws Dissertation, Coventry University, 2019 (Distinction)
- Author, The Rights to Equal Protection, Property And Effective Remedy: A Critical Analysis of Sections 104 And 105 of the Corporation Code, in the Light of the Available Exit Mechanisms for Shareholders in Family-owned Close Corporations, Juris Doctor Thesis, Ateneo Law School, 2018