Dwight’s practice areas include TMT, fintech, mergers & acquisitions, banking & finance, and corporate services.
Dwight’s work experience pre-dates his joining the firm in 2019. From 2015 to 2018, his work included serving as a research assistant in the UP Institute for Maritime Affairs and the Sea.
While in law school, Dwight was a finalist in Season 14 of ANC’s Square Off: The Firm Debates. On the other hand, while in college, Dwight received the Program Awardee for Development Studies and served as President of the Ateneo Debate Society.
- University of the Philippines, Juris Doctor (Class of 2018)
- Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies (Class of 2014, Honorable Mention and Program Awardee)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2019
Dwight has participated in several matters. His experience has included:
- Assisting with contract drafting and negotiating for various acquisitions and financing agreements.
- Assisting social media platforms, streaming service providers, software-as-a-service providers, and other players in the TMT sector on data privacy and other TMT advisory matters.
- Assisting credit card companies, payment service providers, and other players in the fintech sector on fintech and banking advisory matters.
- Conducting due diligence involving corporate acquisitions in the fintech, logistics, energy, and real estate industries.
- As secondee to a multinational agri-industrial corporation and a major real estate developer, advising management on legal risks of business decisions, general business strategies, and commercial expansion.
- Assisting in civil, criminal, labor and administrative cases before all Philippine courts (all levels) and quasi-judicial bodies (HSAC, DENR and PRC, among others).
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2019–present)
- Taking (Back) The Toll: Repatriating the Bells of Balangiga, Supervised Legal Research, University of the Philippines College of Law.