Genica’s (Nica) practice areas include construction, disputes (litigation & arbitration), energy, and infrastructure.
Nica’s work experience pre-dates her joining the firm in 2022. From 2012 to 2016, her work included those relating to shipping, energy, and construction. She also worked in the Philippines’ Department of Transportation and Communications.
While in law school, Nica was awarded second place in the Foundation for Liberty and Prosperity’s Dissertation Writing Contest for the year 2020. She was also one of the heads of the Ateneo Central Bar Operations and spearheaded the law school’s Career Fair in 2018. On the other hand, while in college, Nica was the Vice President of the Membership and Administration Committee of the UP Debate Society and represented the university in a number of national and international competitions where she received awards for her skills as a debater and as an adjudicator.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2020, ranked 4th in graduating class)
- University of the Philippines – Diliman, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (Class of 2012)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2022 (Exemplary Passer)
Nica has participated in several matters. Her experience has included:
- Assisting in domestic and international arbitration cases.
- Assisting in civil and administrative cases before various Philippine courts and quasi-judicial bodies.
- Conducting due diligence involving corporate acquisitions.
- Assisting with the completion of various regulatory requirements.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2022 – Present)
- Ateneo Law Alumni Association (2020 – Present)