Jamie’s practice areas include labor and employment, civil and criminal litigation, and general corporate law.
Jamie obtained her degree in Bachelor of Arts, Major in Management Economics, Minor in French Studies from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2010. She obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2016, where she graduated with Second Honors. Jamie was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2017, and worked for SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan prior to joining C&G Law in 2019.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2016, Second Honors), Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Management Economics, Minor in French Studies (Class of 2010)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2017
Jamie’s work experience is broad and diverse. In this regard, Jamie has:
- Advised local and foreign clients on a broad range of Philippine employment matters, including labor laws and regulations compliance;
- Assisted in the implementation and documentation of company restructuring programs resulting in the termination of employees, and advised clients on the proper process for termination as well as mitigation of risks attendant to these programs;
- Handled labor cases involving disputed employment terminations and money claims;
- Appeared before Philippine Conciliator-Mediators and Labor Arbiters of the National Labor Relations Commission to represent clients on different labor matters;
- Drafted and reviewed key employment-related contracts and policies;
- Assisted in certification election proceedings;
- Drafted pleadings in cases before the trial and appellate courts, as well as quasi-judicial agencies;
- Drafted and reviewed corporate contracts, such as lease agreements, subscription agreements, compromise agreements, as well as company manuals, such as data privacy manuals and employment policies and handbooks;
- Incorporated companies, assisted in the general corporate housekeeping of various companies, and drafted reportorial requirements of listed corporations; and
- Assisted in due diligence projects in preparation for company acquisitions and debt restructuring.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2017–present)
- Author, Towards a Free Press: The Freedom of Expression and the Philippines’ Compliance with its International Obligations, Juris Doctor Thesis, Ateneo Law School, 2016