Mimah specializes in corporate and commercial transactions, assisting in various due diligence engagements for potential mergers and asset acquisitions of both local and international clients. She also specializes in taxation, and has assisted clients in preparing appeals challenging assessments and claiming refunds of various taxes before the Bureau of Internal Revenue and Court of Tax Appeals.
Mimah also assists in providing general corporate, tax, labor and employment, litigation, and other advisory services. She has appeared before trial courts, and other quasi-judicial agencies for civil, criminal, labor, and tax disputes.
Mimah obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of the Philippines-Diliman where she graduated cum laude in 2009. Mimah received her Juris Doctor degree from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2013. She was a member of the Ateneo Society of International Law and competed at the Willem Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in 2011 and 2012.
Before joining the firm, Mimah had a short stint as a Senior Associate at Sycip, Gorres, Velayo & Co., a member practice of Ernst & Young Global Limited. She then joined Paredes, Garcia & Golez and Gorriceta Law where she obtained experience in litigation, labor and employment, corporate and commercial, taxation, and immigration law.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2013); University of the Philippines-Diliman, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (Class of 2009, cum laude)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2014.
Mimah’s notable works include:
- Assisting and representing manufacturing companies before the Department of Trade and Industry-Fair Trade Enforcement Bureau in a case involving sales promotion;
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing contracts in connection with leasing of commercial and residential properties of a leading real estate company in the Philippines;
- Advising foreign and local clients on foreign equity restrictions in certain Philippine industries such as the local real estate industry, retail trade, and domestic market enterprise;
- Assisting a leading mining company in its ongoing corporate and commercial, litigation, labor, tax and customs matters;
- Handling corporate housekeeping and corporate secretarial matters for domestic corporations;
- Assisting in the Initial Public Offering application of an integrated property developer with an established track record and market-leading capabilities in land reclamation, construction and real estate development, with the Philippine Stock Exchange;
- Leading the due diligence team for a leading real estate property developer in preparation for its IPO application;
- Advising and assisting clients in the preparation of transaction documents for the increase in authorized capital stock, subscription and trust agreements, share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, and submission of corporate documents to the Securities and Exchange Commission; and
- Advising and assisting local clients in various tax matters such as settlement of estates, payment of taxes due from transfers of real and personal properties and other corporate transactions, and challenging tax assessments by drafting appeals, preparing tax returns and other documentary requirements, and coordinating with the Revenue District Offices at the national and local levels.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2014–present)