Karlo’s practice areas include infrastructure, public-private partnerships (PPP), energy, data privacy, taxation, labor, and general corporate law.
Karlo obtained his law degree from San Beda University in 2018, and he was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2019.
He started his legal career with Molo Sia Dy Tuazon Ty & Coloma (Mosveldtt Law) as an associate in 2019, where he was heavily involved in the firm’s litigation practice and has appeared in various Philippine courts and quasi-judicial bodies.
He later joined PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Philippines as a legal advisor, where he handled cross-border transactions, tax advisory, infrastructure, and PPP projects. He also represented clients before the Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and the Court of Tax Appeals.
In law school, Karlo competed in various debate and moot court tournaments. Notably, he won the following tournaments: ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC) Square Off — The Firm Debates Season 12; Malacañang Political Law Debate Cup; and Jose W. Diokno Human Rights Debate Cup hosted by the De La Salle University – College of Law. In 2018, his team won the overall respondent memorial award in the Philipp C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Cup – National Qualifying Rounds, and he was also recognized as the 5th best oralist of the Philippines.
Karlo is also a part-time lecturer at San Beda University, where he teaches Contracts Law, Constitutional Law, and Public Utilities Law.
- San Beda University College of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2018); San Beda University, Bachelor of Science in Legal Management (Class of 2014).
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2019.
Karlo has assisted in a range of matters, including:
- Assisting in tax assessments before the BIR;
- Assisting in data privacy compliance;
- Rending legal opinions on general corporate law, tax, energy, and data privacy matters;
- Conducting due diligence in mergers & acquisitions;
- Appearing in courts and quasi-judicial bodies; and
- Drafting pleadings in various civil, commercial, and labor litigation matters.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2019 – present)
- Member, San Beda Law Alumni Association (2018 – present)
- The Minority President: A Shift to a Presidential Run-Off Electoral System, 55 San Beda Law Journal 58 (2018).
- Church vs. State: A Diagnosis of the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision in Burwell vs. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., 54(1) San Beda Law Journal (2018).
- Stronger Together: A Case of ASEAN Military Integration, 6 Brandeis International Journal 21 (2017).
- David vs. Goliath: The Philippine-China Arbitration Case, 5 Brandeis International Journal 21 (2016).