Mark’s practice areas include corporate services, disputes (litigation & arbitration), immigration, labor, mergers & acquisitions and tax and customs.
Mark’s work experience pre-dates his joining the firm in 2022. Prior to joining the firm, Mark acted as Assistant Manager at Isla Lipana & Co.’s Deals and Corporate Finance Group, providing full range services to corporations and other private equity firms in relation to mergers & acquisitions.
In 2020, Mark worked as an Associate Director at the Business Tax Services Group of Sycip, Gorres, Velayo & Co. where he has handled tax assessments and rendered other advisory work for various multinational companies.
From 2017 to 2020, Mark served as a Tax Manager of Citadel Pacific Ltd. ROHQ where he was involved in overseeing the tax practices of the Group, rendering tax opinions, mentoring staff, conducting tax lectures, monitoring tax filings and finding ways to minimize tax exposures.
In 2013 to 2016, Mark was a Tax Consultant at Isla Lipana & Co. specializing in tax compliance review, tax due diligence review, tax assessment and tax advisory work (i.e., assistance to tax treaty relief application, audit support and tax health checklist).
In 2010 to 2012, Mark worked as a Tax Associate at Reyes Tacandong & Co., where he participated in various tax compliance and tax due diligence work.
While in law school, Mark served as the Subject Head for Taxation in 2016 and Remedial Law in 2018 of the Arellano Law Bar Operations Commission. On the other hand, while in college, Mark was an active member of University of the East – Junior Philippine Institute of Public Accountants.
- Arellano University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2019)
- University of the East, Bachelor of Science in Accountancy and Computer-Based Accounting System (Class of 2010)
- Certified Public Accountant since 2010
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2022
Mark has participated in several matters. His experience has included:
- Assisting with contract drafting for various corporate and commercial transactions.
- Conducting due diligence for corporate acquisitions.
- Assisting on tax advisory matters.
- Assisting on labor advisory matters.
- Assisting with the completion of various regulatory requirements.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2022 – Present)
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountant (2010 – Present)