Millicent’s (Millie) practice areas include corporate services, disputes (litigation), intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, tax and customs, and technology, media & telecommunications.
Millie’s work experience pre-dates her joining the firm in 2021. From 2020 to early 2021, Millie worked as a Tax Associate for Business Tax Services at SyCip Gorres Velayo & Co., providing business tax advisory to its clients and assisting them in proceedings before the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
While in law school, Millie was the Vice Subject Chairperson for Mercantile Law of the San Beda Centralized Bar Operations. Before her senior year, she also interned at SyCip Gorres Velayo & Co. under the Tax Advisory and Advocacy Group. On the other hand, while in college, Millie was a staff member of the annual school publication of San Beda University – College of Arts and Sciences, Echoes.
- San Beda University, Juris Doctor (Class of 2019)
- San Beda University – College of Arts and Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Legal Management (Class of 2015, cum laude)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2020
Millie has participated in several matters. Her experience has included:
- Assisting in labor and tax cases before various Philippine courts and quasi-judicial bodies.
- Assisting in proceedings before the Bureau of Internal Revenue, and the Central Board of Assessment Appeals.
- Assisting with contract drafting for various corporate and commercial transactions.
- Conducting due diligence for corporate acquisitions.
- Conducting data privacy due diligence.
- Assisting with energy projects.
- Assisting in tax, customs, labor, data privacy and technology, media & telecommunications advisory matters.
- Assisting with the completion of various regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with pre-incorporation requirements, registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including completion of post-incorporation requirements.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2020 – Present)