Monique is an associate whose practice currently focuses on corporate and commercial transactions, labor and employment, and taxation.
She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of the Philippines College of Law in 2019. She was admitted to the Philippine bar in 2020, and joined the firm in the same year.
During law school, Monique was selected as a member of the Philippine Law Journal’s Editorial Board (Volume 92) for 2018-2019. The Philippine Law Journal is the country’s premiere student-run law review and the oldest English language law journal in Asia.
She was also part of the UP College of Law’s Electoral Commission, first serving as Treasurer, later on as Secretary, and finally as Vice-Chairperson.
Monique obtained her degree in Life Sciences with minors in Management and Hispanic Studies from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2014. Monique then worked as a Corporate Analyst for Human Resources in a financial services firm from 2014-2015 before entering law school.
- University of the Philippines College of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2019); Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, minors in Management and Hispanic Studies (Class of 2014)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2020.
Monique has assisted in a broad range of matters, which include:
- Rendering corporate secretarial services and conducting general corporate housekeeping for various corporations;
- Assisting in applications before government agencies and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for foreign corporations planning to do business in the Philippines;
- Assisting in compliance with post-incorporation and registration requirements for newly-incorporated corporations;
- Assisting in the conduct of legal due diligence for mergers and acquisitions; and
- Drafting legal opinions on corporate, banking, labor and employment, taxation, and litigation matters.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2020-present)
- Duopoly Deal: Applicability of the Essential Facilities Doctrine in the Philippine Broadband Telecommunications Industry, Supervised Legal Research, University of the Philippines College of Law.