Barbara received her bachelor’s degree in social work from the College of Social Sciences of Centro Escolar University, where she graduated cum laude in 2009. She graduated with honors from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2014. She was admitted to the Philippine bar in 2015. She began working with C&G Law in 2015.
Barbara specializes in labor and litigation. She has appeared before Philippine courts and quasi-judicial agencies in cases concerning administrative, civil, commercial, taxation, and employment disputes. She has also rendered corporate, tax, and labor advisory services to multinational and domestic corporations involved in information technology, energy, manufacturing, pharmaceutical development, recruitment, defense technology, and financial services.
Prior to joining C&G Law, Barbara was an associate at Del Rosario & Del Rosario Law Office, a leading maritime firm in the Philippines. She has represented various multinational shipping companies before quasi-judicial agencies and arbitral bodies in employment and personal injury claims.
Barbara interned at a Philippine-based Lex Mundi member law firm in 2012 where she worked with the chair of the Litigation and Arbitration Department. She also participated in an arbitration moot court competition in Vienna, Austria, where her team received an Honorable Mention for their memorial. Barbara has also acted as an arbitrator in an international commercial arbitration moot held in Hong Kong in 2016.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2014, Second Honors); Centro Escolar University, Bachelor of Science in Social Work (Class of 2009)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2015
Barbara’s practice currently focuses on labor, corporate, and litigation matters. Her work includes:
- Conducting due diligence and document review for mergers and acquisitions.
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and other agreements.
- Reviewing and drafting of employee handbooks, policies, and plans for domestic and multinational corporations and advising on labor law compliance issues.
- Appearing for domestic and foreign clients before administrative agencies such as Bureau of Internal Revenue (“BIR”), Philippine Overseas Employment Administration, and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Assisting in the processing of the application for closure of business of domestic and foreign clients.
- Assisting in applications for registration with the BIR, Social Security System, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board, and Home Development Mutual Fund.
- Representing clients before trial courts and quasi-judicial bodies in mediation, liquidation, and civil proceedings.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2015-present)
- Member, Ateneo Central Bar Operations (2011-2014)
- Member, Ateneo Society of International Law (2011-2014)
- Member, Philippine Association of Social Workers Inc. (2009-present)
- Ius Suffagium Inire: Felony Disenfranchisement as a Violation of a Fundamental Human Right (2014), Juris Doctor thesis, Ateneo de Manila University School of Law.