Eleni Francesca (Aika) obtained her degree in Management Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2009. She then graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University School of Law in 2013. She was an intern of the Ateneo Human Rights Center from 2010-2013 and volunteered with the Legal Network for Truthful Elections (LENTE) from 2009-2010. She joined C&G Law in 2015.
Prior to joining C&G Law, she was an associate of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department of Cruz Marcelo & Tenefrancia, and an associate of Tan Venturanza Valdez.
Aika currently specializes in civil, criminal, and energy litigation.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2013); Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Arts in Management Economics (Class of 2009)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2014
In her years of practice, Aika has developed an area of practice in civil, commercial, criminal, energy, and labor litigation. She has actively handled dispute resolution cases before the Philippine courts and various regulatory bodies and quasi-judicial bodies. She has handled and tried a broad range of cases involving contractual disputes, tort claims, banking litigation, property related disputes, and labor disputes. She also has experience in criminal litigation both as private prosecutor and as defense counsel and has obtained favorable dismissals of libel and falsification charges during the preliminary stage.
Recently, Aika’s practice has further expanded to include work in the energy sector.
Aika has also provided corporate and compliance services, having served as an assistant corporate secretary of several corporations prior to joining the firm.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2014-present)
- Member, Philippine Bar Association
- Freezing the Web of Accounts: Defining the Limits of ‘Related Accounts’ in Bank Inquiry Orders Under Section 2 of Republic Act No. 10167 Otherwise Known As An Act To Further Strengthen The Anti-Money Laundering Act Of 2001 (2013), Juris Doctor thesis, Ateneo de Manila University School of Law.