Katrine (Kat) graduated cum laude with a degree in Political Science from the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy of the University of the Philippines-Diliman in 2009. She graduated from the College of Law of San Beda College-Mendiola in 2013 as the salutatorian of her class and the recipient of the Dean Feliciano Jover Ledesma Achievement Award. Kat was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2014 after placing seventh in the 2013 Philippine Bar Examinations. She joined C&G Law in 2014.
Kat specializes in corporate and commercial transactions, assisting in due diligence and related activities involving mergers and share and asset acquisitions for both multi-national and local clients. She also specializes in government procurement and build-operate-transfer projects of the Philippine Government, advising both the government and the private sector with respect to these projects.
Kat also specializes labor and employment litigation and advisory, assisting clients on a broad range of employment matters, including employment termination, local employment of foreigners, employment contracts and employment policy handbooks.
Kat also assists in providing general corporate, litigation and other advisory services. She has appeared before trial courts, the Sandiganbayan, and other quasi-judicial agencies for both civil and criminal cases.
Kat has been teaching Criminal Law and Statutory Construction at San Beda College of Law since 2014.
- San Beda College of Law, Bachelor of Laws (Class of 2013, class salutatorian, and recipient of the Dean Feliciano Jover Ledesma Achievement Award); University of the Philippines, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (Class of 2009, cum laude)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2014 (seventh place, 2013 Philippine Bar examinations)
As a junior associate of the firm, Kat has participated in several corporate and commercial transactions as well as labor and litigation matters. Her work includes:
- Assisting in various due diligence projects involving the acquisition of properties of or shares of stock in a Philippine food distribution company, solar power generation company, and Philippine pharmaceutical companies, including the drafting of due diligence reports and advising on issues relating to such acquisitions.
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing contracts for the acquisition of properties and shares of stocks, service agreements, operating agreements, and other contracts for multi-national and local clients.
- Advising foreign and local clients, including a leading building materials company, on nationality and foreign equity restrictions.
- Assisting the government in the public bidding of the Public-Private Partnership project of the Philippine Statistics Authority for the design, development, and operation of the information system of civil registry system of the Philippines, including drafting of bidding documents.
- Assisting the government in the public bidding of the Public-Private Partnership project of the Department of Transportation and Light Rail Transit Authority for the operations and maintenance of the LRT- Line 2, including drafting of bidding documents.
- Assisting the government in the public bidding of the Public-Private Partnership project of the Department of Transportation and Philippine Ports Authority for the modernization of the Davao Sasa Port.
- Assisting in the pre-qualification of a consortium for the Bacolod-Silay (Iloilo) (Bundle 1) Davao, Laguindingan and New Bohol (Panglao) (Bundle 2) Regional Airports Development and Operations and Maintenance Projects of the Department of Transportation and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing of employee manuals, codes of discipline, company policies, as well as employment contracts and programs for multi-national and local clients.
- Handling termination disputes and other employment issues for multi-national and local clients, which includes regularly appearing before the National Labor Relations Commission.
- Advising multi-national and local clients on labor law compliance issues.
- Assisting in drafting pleadings, judicial affidavits, legal memoranda and other legal documents for cases involving a leading mining company in the Philippines.
- Assisting in drafting pleadings, judicial affidavits, legal memoranda and other legal documents as well as appearing before the Sandiganbayan in a case involving graft and corruption.
- Assisting in drafting pleadings, judicial affidavits, legal memoranda and other legal documents for cases involving several energy generation companies in the Philippines before the Supreme Court and Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2014-present)
- Faculty, San Beda College of Law (2014-present)
- Legal Intern, San Beda Legal Aid Bureau (2012-2013)
- Associate Editor, San Beda Law Journal (2012-2013)