Veda is a C&G Law associate handling corporate and commercial transactions.
She obtained her bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of the Philippines Diliman in 2010, where she graduated cum laude. She graduated from San Beda College Manila in 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws degree, finishing in the top fifteen percent of her class. She was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2015.
Prior to joining C&G Law, Veda worked at SyCip Gorres Velayo & Company, the Philippine member firm of Ernst & Young, as a senior associate in its Business Tax Services division.
- Bachelor of Laws, San Beda College Manila
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2015
Veda handles corporate and commercial transactions. Her representative work follows below.
Veda assists in the legal due diligence and transaction documentation for local and foreign investments, and mergers and acquisitions. Some of her projects include:
- Investment by an independent power producer in a coal-fired power plant project;
- The tender process for the investment and management contract of an electric cooperative for an independent power producer, including the review of transaction documentation, and drafting of bidding documents;
- Acquisition of the Philippine business of an international pharmaceutical company in a multi-jurisdictional transaction;
- Share acquisition of a business process outsourcing company with a Philippine subsidiary;
- Acquisition of the printing business of a leading information technology company, in a multi-jurisdictional transaction;
- Business acquisition of a food processing company;
- Share acquisition of a human resources company with a Philippine branch in a multi-jurisdictional transaction; and
- Share acquisition of a real estate company.
Veda has also —
- Advised the Philippine Government together with the C&G Law team in the public bidding of the Public-Private Partnership project of the Philippine Statistics Authority for the design, development and operation of the Civil Registry System – Information Technology Phase II, including drafting of bidding documents;
- Assisted in the competition law compliance review of a leading multinational company in the building materials industry;
- Assisted in the corporate governance review of an aggregates and building materials company;
- Assisted in the corporate restructuring of a multi-industry food company with a Philippine manufacturing arm; and
- Advised on the management of taxes in an arbitration proceeding involving an energy company.
Her other work includes:
- Providing corporate and tax advisory services to various multinational and domestic corporations involved in the energy, manufacturing, trading, and real estate industries, among others;
- Assisting in various applications with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), such as incorporation, licensing, increases in authorized capital stock, amendments of articles of incorporation and by-laws, and requests for exemption from registration of securities;
- Handling tax audits/investigations being conducted by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Handling tax treaty relief applications and requests for confirmatory tax rulings;
- Providing regulatory compliance advice and general corporate housekeeping services to various multinational and domestic companies; and
- Representing clients before administrative agencies such as the SEC, BIR, Energy Regulatory Commission, as well as in proceedings before trial courts and other quasi-judicial bodies.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2015-present)
- Member, Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in Social Science (Philippine Alpha Chapter) (Since 2010)
- Struggling Through the Aftermath: A Study on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, RA 10121, and SBN 1940, 51 San Beda L.J. 66 (2014)