Nicolo’s (Nico) practice areas include disputes (litigation & arbitration) and labor.
Nico’s work experience pre-dates his joining the firm in 2019. From 2011 to 2013, he served as an instructor of Philosophy to university students at the Ateneo de Cagayan University.
While in law school, Nico was an active member and officer of two advocacy groups, namely the National Union of People’s Lawyers UP Law Chapter (UP NUPL), and UP Outlaws.
- University of the Philippines College of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2018)
- Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (Class of 2011)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2019
Nico has participated in several matters, including:
- Representing and assisting companies in employment-related claims before various Philippine courts and quasi-judicial bodies such as the Court of Appeals, the National Labor Relations Commission, the National Conciliation and Mediation Board, and the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration.
- Rendering legal advice to clients on labor and employment-related issues.
- Reviewing the company policies and employment contracts of local and multinational companies to ensure compliance with Philippine law and regulations.
- Assisting companies in investigating employee misconduct.
- Assisting companies in collective bargaining concerns, including representing them in collective bargaining negotiations with unions, assisting them in drafting and implementing their collective bargaining agreements, and advising them on union representation issues.
- Representing clients in arbitration before the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center and the Singapore International Arbitration Centre.
- Representing clients before Philippine courts over various levels for civil actions, tax disputes, and anti-money laundering actions,
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2019 – Present)