Kristine has close to 20 years of experience in the legal sector, first as a practicing attorney at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan, and later serving as general counsel in a publicly listed company, before joining C&G Law.
She started her legal career at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan in 1999, specializing in commercial and corporate transactions. She joined a publicly listed company in 2008 as senior legal counsel, and served as its general counsel from 2014 until 2017. She is currently the corporate secretary of a publicly listed company engaged in food and beverage, as well as several private companies engaged in logistics solutions, parts manufacturing, consumer goods distribution, and property management.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (1999); Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Science in Management, Major in Legal Management (1995)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar (2000)
Kristine is part of the corporate and commercial practice group of C&G, handling equity investments, mergers, share and asset acquisitions, infrastructure projects, securities regulation, corporate governance, and real estate transactions.
Her representative transactions and matters include:
- Advising a foreign company on the proposed investment in, and establishment of an LNG facility.
- Advising several power companies on the proposed investment in renewable energy companies, including the conduct of legal due diligence audit on solar, biomass and hydro power plants.
- Advising a publicly listed company on its upstream merger with another publicly listed company, including preparation of merger approval filings with the relevant government agencies, as well as listing of shares with the exchange.
- Advising a company on the proposed acquisition of a drugstore chain company, including the conduct of legal due diligence audit.
- Advising a publicly listed company on the establishment of its compliance framework, including the conduct of legal due diligence audit.
- Leading the teams that structured and handled the participation of a foreign power company in the biddings conducted by the Philippine government for (i) a 600 MW power plant in Zambales, (ii) a 600 MW power plant in Batangas, and (iii) a 75 MW and a 100 MW hydroelectric power plant complex in Benguet.
- Advising a consortium of foreign and local investors in relation to their participation in the bidding conducted by the Philippine government for the transmission assets of the National Transmission Corporation.
- Advising a government-owned and controlled company in the structuring and implementation of its privatisation including its initial public offering.
- Advising a new company spun off from the largest food, beverage and packaging in the Philippines on the initial public offering of its shares.
- Advising on and handling various acquisitions of private and publicly held companies, involving the conduct of legal due diligence audits, and tender offers for certain transaction.
- Structuring, documenting, and managing investments by foreign corporations across various industries, including the incorporation of companies and formation of joint ventures.
Her relevant experience working as General Counsel of a publicly listed company includes:
- Serving as corporate secretary and compliance officer of a publicly listed company (engaged in mining activities) and all subsidiaries; developing the company’s governance framework; and advising the Board of Directors and management.
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the company’s compliance framework in coordination with global practice group for anti-bribery and corruption and competition law, including conduct of trainings, assistance in investigations, and audit reviews.
- Studying and implementing the multifarious aspects of the group’s equity and capital structure rationalisation.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines