Kristine has close to 20 years of experience in the legal sector, first as a practicing attorney at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan, and later serving as general counsel in a publicly listed company.
She started her legal career at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan in 1999, specializing in commercial and corporate transactions. She joined a publicly listed company in 2008 as senior legal counsel, and served as its general counsel from 2014 until 2017.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (1999); Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Science in Management, Major in Legal Management (1995)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar (2000)
Kristine specializes in foreign and local domestic investments, mergers and acquisitions, capital restructuring, capital market, securities regulation, corporate governance, and real estate transactions.
Her representative transactions and matters include:
- Advising a publicly listed company on its merger with another publicly listed company, including preparation of merger approval filings with the relevant government agencies, as well as listing of shares with the
- Leading the teams that structured and handled the participation of a foreign power company in the biddings conducted by the Philippine government for (i) a 600 MW power plant in Zambales, (ii) a 600 MW power plant in Batangas, and (iii) a 75 MW and a 100 MW hydroelectric power plant complex in
- Advising a consortium of foreign and local investors in relation to their participation in the bidding conducted by the Philippine government for the transmission assets of the National Transmission Corporation.
- Advising a group of international underwriters in relation to the offering outside the Philippines of approximately US$73 million worth of American depositary shares, representing Philippine listed securities.
- Advising a government-owned and controlled company in the structuring and implementation of its privatisation including its initial public offering worth approximately Php 1 billion.
- Advising a new company spun off from the largest food, beverage and packaging in the Philippines on the initial public offering of its shares worth at least Php 6
- Negotiating and documenting various acquisitions of private and publicly held companies, involving the conduct of legal due diligence audits, and tender offers for certain
- Structuring, documenting, and managing investments by foreign corporations across various industries, including the incorporation of companies and formation of joint
Her relevant experience working as General Counsel of a publicly listed company includes:
- Serving as corporate secretary and compliance officer of a publicly listed company and all subsidiaries; developing the company’s governance framework; and advising the Board of Directors and
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the company’s compliance framework in coordination with global practice group for anti-bribery and corruption and competition law, including conduct of trainings, assistance in investigations, and audit
- Studying and implementing the multifarious aspects of the group’s equity and capital structure rationalisation.
- Developing the company contract policies and procedures as well as contract precedents; assisting in the development of a contract process digital
- Leading the development of the company’s information management system for its permits and licenses.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines