Vladi Miguel (Miggy) is a partner of C&G Law and a key member of the firm’s Disputes Practice Group and Labor Practice Group. Miggy has advised and acted for clients across a broad range of sectors and on a wide variety of matters and has represented them before various courts and specialized tribunals.
In addition, Miggy is a member of the Firm’s Tax and TMT Practice Groups. Miggy has represented various clients in tax disputes and data protection matters. Miggy has also assisted clients in responding to data security incidents and liaising with the government regulators to address those incidents.
Miggy has been recognized in the Labor and Disputes Practice Areas by Legal 500. Impressed clients have described Miggy as “very professional and responsible” and as “being focused and able to coordinate efficiently and effectively”. One particular client has praised him as “extremely responsible and able to provide knowledgeable strategical advice in order to turn weaknesses into strengths when preparing the defence”.
Miggy joined C&G Law in August 2011 and was promoted to Senior Associate in April 2015. Miggy was admitted as a Partner effective January 1, 2018.
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2010, Second Honors)
- Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Science in Management (Class of 2006)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2011
Disputes (Litigation and Arbitration) Experience:
- Part of the team that acted as Philippine counsel for one of the world’s leading multinational chocolate and confectionary companies in an arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce in and related court proceedings in the Philippines against a former distributor of the company’s products in the Philippines.
- Represented a Philippine-based manufacturing company in an arbitration before the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. against a former supplier of the company.
- Represented a client before the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission in litigating a claim against a contractor.
- Represented power generation and manufacturing companies in challenging local tax assessments before Philippine courts and specialized tribunals.
- Represented energy companies in proceedings before environmental regulators.
- Appeared and argued before Philippine courts in litigating clients’ disputes with counterparties and industry competitors.
- Appeared as a private prosecutor or defense counsel in criminal cases.
- Represented companies in the special economic zones in addressing regulatory issues pertaining to economic incentives.
- Represented various companies in handling employment-related claims, including claims of illegal dismissal by employees.
- Rendered advice on labor issues to clients from different industries.
- Assisted clients in ensuring that their policies complied with Philippine law.
- Assisted clients in the investigation of employee misconduct.
- Assisted various multinational companies in the disclosure of security incidents to the National Privacy Commission.
- Advised clients on e-commerce laws.
- Represented a client in the review of service agreements involving blockchain technology.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2011 – Present)
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked as a Next Generation Partner by Legal 500 (2020 to 2022)
- Recognized as a Disputes Practitioner by Legal 500 (2022)