Karessa’s practice areas include banking & finance, corporate services, disputes (litigation), fintech, foreign investments, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions and technology, media & telecommunications.
While in law school, Karessa was a member of the San Beda Centralized Bar Operations Criminal Law Academics Committee Academics Core Committee during her 1st year and 3rd year, respectively. She also participated and won in several debate and moot court competitions.
On the other hand, while in college, Karessa was a consistent Dean’s Lister, and served as the Secretary General and Internal Vice-President of her organization – the Junior Bedan Law Circle.
- San Beda University College of Law, Juris Doctor (Class of 2021)
- San Beda University, Bachelor of Science Major in Legal Management (Class of 2017, magna cum laude)
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2022
Karessa has participated in several matters. Her experience has included:
- Assisting with contract drafting for various corporate and commercial transactions.
- Assisting with the completion of various regulatory requirements.
- Assisting in the preparation of pleadings in civil litigation.
- Drafting legal opinions on tax and corporate law matters.
- Assisting in various processes and applications for registration of local and foreign clients with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
- Assisting in the preparation of transaction documents, such as secured term loan, facility, security, and land mortgage agreements.
- Assisting in queries relating to data privacy compliance.
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (2022 – Present)